Who We Are
LIGHT Cambridge is committed to transforming the lives of people and effecting positive change to communities in Cambridge.
Nothing is too small or too big for LIGHT Cambridge to get involved in…
What we do
1. LIGHT Cambridge provides a helping hand so others can realize their aspirations and get their life on track.
2. LIGHT Cambridge provides a wide variety of opportunities for people to reach out into the communities and help others in practical ways through volunteerism.
3. LIGHT Cambridge raises money through community events, activities, and donations to ensure support is provided to people who need it most.
Organisations we have worked with
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice, Cambridge City Council, Cambridge City Foodbank, Compassion UK, Teenage Cancer Trust, The Firefighter Charity, Hope Into Action, NHS Foundation Trust, TLC, Cherry Hinton, HOPE Cambridge, Christian Aid, The Besom, British Redcross, and many others.
Here’s a brief summary of just a few of the things we’ve done to help our local community
- Created a Foodbank donation point with donations going to Cambridge City Foodbank
- Organized a Community Action Day in partnership with Cambridge City Council to litter pick Cherry Hinton Park
- Donated approximately 90 bags of clothes to Cancer Research UK
- Organized a sports-relief fund-raising event to raise money for The Sick Children’s Trust. A generous amount of £957.37 was raised for The Sick Children’s Trust.
- Raised £1401.33 through our last Light Cambridge Festival to support vulnerable babies across the East of England for Addenbrookes Charitable Trust
And many more community events!